This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our Site https://jerne.co, including any information you may provide through our Site when you use our services.
Data we collect and why we collect it
To provide our services, we must process information about you. The types of information we collect depend on how you use our services. When you sign up with us, we collect your name, email address, telephone number. We collect the content, communications, and other information you provide when you use our social network, including when you sign up for an account, create or share content, and message or communicate with others.
We collect information about your usage of our Services, such as the types of content you view or engage with, the features you use; the actions you take; the people or accounts you interact with; and the time, frequency, and duration of your activities.
Information collected automatically when you use browse through our Website. We may collect certain information concerning your use of our Website to produce aggregated and anonymous reports concerning the use of our services. These reports may not personally identify you.
We may collect data about:
- your device’s IP address, browser type, and version
- Your usage by access time, frequency, and location.
- Webpage you were visiting before you came to our Website
- Pages of our Website that you visit
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Anything to add here?
What we do with your data
We will only use your personal data when legally permitted. The most common uses of your personal data are:
- Provide, personalize, and improve our Service
- Communicate with you.
- Keep and update our database and your accounts with us
- To ask for ratings and reviews of our services
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
Transferring Your Data For the European Union
Because we are in the United States, We process and store your information in the United States and our service providers may process and store it elsewhere.
When we transfer Personal Information from territories in the EEA or with similar laws to our affiliates or service providers in the United States and elsewhere outside the EEA, we rely on approved data transfer mechanisms, including standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission and the Privacy Shield.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we do our best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented.
We may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer if We deem it appropriate. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
Billing and Payment
We use WooCommerce to process payment through PayPal. Correspondingly, all transactions are secured as our partners-payment providers use SSL encryption protection. All payment information is stored encrypted and securely by the payment services. We do not store your payment information on our servers.
Third Party Links
This Website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our Website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every Website you visit.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Who we share your data with
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our Website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our Website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Disclosure of Data to Legal Authorities
We may share your Personal Data with law enforcement, data protection authorities, government officials, and other authorities when:
- Compelled by court order, or other legal procedure;
- Disclosure is necessary to report suspected illegal activity;
We do not knowingly market or collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register on our Site. If you are under 13, please do not send any information about yourself to us. No one under age 13 can provide any Personal Information to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us by emailing us at email@example.com.
How long we retain your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements
By law, we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers.
In some circumstances, you can ask us to delete your data. In some circumstances, we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request the correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request the transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made several requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
How we protect your data
We are committed to the security of your personal information provided by you to us. We have a variety of electronic and procedural actions implemented that are designed to safeguard your personal information. As there is always some element of risk when transmitting data electronically, we cannot guarantee the security of our databases. We do, however, use systems that are designed to minimize this risk.
What is Cookie?
A “cookie” is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive and which records how you move your way around a website so that, when you revisit that Website, it can present tailored options based on the information stored about your last visit. Cookies can also be used to analyze traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes.
- Cookies are used by nearly all websites and do not harm your system.
If you want to check or change what types of cookies you accept, this can usually be altered within your browser settings. You can block cookies at any time by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies), you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site.
Cookies are either:
- Session cookies: These are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page, but they do not collect any personal data from your computer
- Persistent cookies: A persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer, and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the Website that created it when you visit that Website again. We use persistent cookies for Google Analytics.
Cookies can also be categorized as follows:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to use the Website effectively, such as when buying a product and/or service, and therefore cannot be turned off. Without these cookies, the services available to you on our Website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
- Performance cookies: These cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our Website. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources, and see which parts of the Site are most popular.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow our Website to remember the choices you make and provide enhanced features. For instance, we may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the services you use. They may also be used to provide services you have requested, such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised.
California Consumer Privacy Act Statement
- Categories of personal information collected – The personal information that We collect, or has collected from consumers in the twelve months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure, fall into the following categories established by the California Consumer Privacy Act, depending on which Our Service is used:
- identifiers such as your name, address, phone numbers, or IP address;
- geolocation data, such as the location of your device or computer;
- inference data, such as information about your usage preference
- Categories of personal information disclosed for a business purpose – The personal information that We disclosed about consumers for a business purpose in the twelve months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure fall into the following categories established by the California Consumer Privacy Act, depending on which Our Service is used:
- identifiers such as your name, address, phone numbers, or IP address,
- personal information, for third-party payment processor;
- Right to Request Access to or Deletion of Personal Information: You may have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act to request information about the collection of your personal information by Us, or access to or deletion of your personal information. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact us at email@example.com. Depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
- No sale of personal information. In the twelve months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure, We have not sold any personal information of consumers, as those terms are defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
- No Discrimination. We will not discriminate against any consumer for exercising their rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
Updates and changes to this policy
If you have any questions about this Policy or practices related to this Site, please feel contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.